


I went to Camp Floyde with Carter for his class fieldtrip. I had never even heard of this place before. Here is a blurb about it...This former military post quartered the largest troop concentration in the United States from 1858 to 1861. About 400 buildings housed the 3,500 troops sent West to suppress an assumed Mormon rebellion. The troops returned East in 1861 for Civil War duty. Only a cemetery and commissary building remain as silent evidence of turbulent Camp Floyd.
It was fun. There were people dressed for that era and they got to make candles,adobe bricks, shoot guns (not real)and see the old school house. It was a great day spent with Carter.










2 comments:
Yeah, You did it!!! I am so happy to see you back in the blogging world. Love all the post. I have been checking to see when you were coming back. I will look forward to many more K.
Fun fall photos! I love the pumpkin patch pictures. Thank you again for letting us stay with you guys. We had so much fun seeing you and playing and talking! Hope all is well.
Post a Comment